SUMMER PROGRAMS INTERN
You will play a vital role in our summer camps and programs with your focus on helping each of them thrive. You must love working with children and teenagers. This role involves direct care and supervision of children and youth while also helping each camp/program leader prepare for and set up their camps/programs throughout the summer. Hours will depend upon the camp/program schedule and the time necessary for set up and cleanup for each camp/program.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
Planning & Preparing
- Work hand-in-hand with each camp/program leader to help the camp/program succeed
- Set up and clean up for each camp or summer program
- Help the leader by gathering supplies needed for the camps/programs
Participating & Leading
- Participate in each camp/program as an assistant to the leader
- Be prepared to lead in the absence of a leader
- Be an engaged leader - interacting with participants, helping give instruction or correction as necessary, demonstrating servant leadership and caring for each of the youth involved
- You may be given the opportunity to plan and lead a camp (with supervision) that fits your set of skills and interests
Our Vision Of You
- Passionate about Jesus and the core values of Joshua House
- LOVE working directly with children and teenagers
- First aid/CPR certified for any medical emergencies
- Vital part of a team that drives Joshua House toward it’s mission and vision
- Ready to serve the mission and the people
- Able to flow with the culture — full of life and purpose, love God and love people, compassionate servant leader
- Able to foresee needs of the programs and all we do at Joshua House to bring life to the community
Why You’ll Love It Here
- We’re all about helping people find purpose. You’ll always know your ‘why.'
- You’ll play a part in HUGE impact for the youth in our region.
- You’ll be part of a team full of passion and purpose.
- We got your back.