You will play a vital role in preparing for HoopsFest, our largest annual fundraiser that's held on the 3rd Saturday each July. Your main job will be to assist our executive director, Jim Kilmartin, in any areas needed to make HoopsFest successful. You must be ready to be fully immersed in the planning, marketing, recruiting, fundraising, gathering supplies, setting up, cleaning up and finalizing of all HoopsFest details from May through the end of July.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
Planning & Preparing
- Working hand-in-hand with our executive director and assisting him in whatever tasks are necessary to make HoopsFest run smoothly
- Making phone calls, sending emails, posting to social media to assist in the marketing and fundraising for this event
- Gathering supplies, running errands, attending meetings as necessary
On the day of the event...
- Be ready for a full day from sun up to sun down!
- Help with setting up
- Serve in any area needed throughout the day
- Help with tearing down and cleaning up
For 2 weeks following the event...
- Help return hoops to storage
- Send out follow ups to players and vendors
- Send out 'Thank You’ cards to sponsors
- Post pictures/videos of the event to social media
Our Vision Of You
- Passionate about Jesus and the core values of Joshua House
- Vital part of a team that drives Joshua House toward it’s mission and vision
- Ready to serve the mission and the people
- Able to flow with the culture — full of life and purpose, love God and love people, compassionate servant leader
- Able to foresee needs of the programs and all we do at Joshua House to bring life to the community
Why You’ll Love It Here
- We’re all about helping people find purpose. You’ll always know your ‘why.'
- You’ll play a part in HUGE impact for the youth in our region.
- You’ll be part of a team full of passion and purpose.
- We got your back.